PBS stands for Points-Based System, and this visa is a Dependent Visa issued by the Government of the United Kingdom for family members of individuals who already hold a valid UK visa under the Points-Based System for less than three or more three years. The visa allows dependents to join their loved ones in the UK for a specified period, depending on the primary visa holder’s permission to stay.
The Home Office uses a point-based system to assess the eligibility of the principal applicant, such as 20 points for relevant experience, 20 points for an applicant holding a valid COS letter, and 10 points for English Proficiency equivalent to a B1 certificate. But this system asses principal applicants, not their dependents. In this article, we will delve into the details of the PBS Dependent Visa, guide users on the application process, highlight its advantages, and address common mistakes that applicants should avoid.
Who is a PBS Dependent?
A PBS dependent refers to the family member of an individual in the UK under the Points-Based System. This typically encompasses:
- – Spouses or civil partners
- – Unmarried or same-sex partners
- – Children under 18
Core Eligibility Criteria:
1. Genuine Relationship with the PBS Migrant:
- – Dependents should be immediate family members of someone holding or applying for a PBS visa in the UK.
- – Evidence like marriage certificates for spouses, birth certificates for children, or other relevant documents might be essential.
2. Financial Maintenance:
– The financial stability of the primary PBS migrant is crucial. They must demonstrate an ability to support the dependent in the UK without relying on public funds. Applicants must provide bank statements or savings proofs of £1270 for the last 28 days.
3. Language Proficiency (if applicable):
– Some dependents, especially adult partners, may need to show a basic knowledge of the English language. However, children are often exempt.
4. Children’s Age:
– Generally, children should be under 18. But, exceptions exist for those already in the UK looking to extend their stay.
5. Good Character:
– A clear criminal record, devoid of serious offenses, is essential if your job includes working with vulnerable people like care workers. The UK government may refuse visas to individuals with significant criminal histories. A police clearance certificate of the dependent is mandatory to provide if you have applied as a partner of a care worker visa holder in the UK
6. Health Considerations:
- – A healthcare surcharge is typically required, granting access to the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
- – A TB test result from a UK Home Office-approved clinic might be necessary if you’re from a specific region.
PBS Dependent Visa Fee in the UK
The PBS Dependent Visa fee depends on several factors, including the duration of the visa, whether the application is made from within or outside the UK, and the specific category of the PBS visa that the primary visa holder belongs to. Here’s a general breakdown:
1. Application Location:
– Outside the UK: Applying from outside the UK might have a different fee structure compared to applications made within the UK.
– Inside the UK: Fees can differ if you extend a current visa or switch from another visa category.
2. Healthcare Surcharge:
– On top of the visa fee, most applicants must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge, which allows access to the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). The exact amount can vary based on the visa duration and age of the applicant.
3. Additional Costs:
1. Biometric Information: There might be a separate charge for collecting biometric information (fingerprints and photographs).
PBS Dependent Factors Influencing Processing Time:
The processing time for a PBS Dependent Visa can vary widely based on several factors:
1. Application Location:
Outside the UK: Applications from certain countries might take longer due to logistical reasons, higher volumes, or the need for additional checks.
Inside the UK: Applications from within the UK, for extension or switching categories, might have a different processing timeline.
2. Completeness of Documentation:
– Applications with all required documentation and correctly filled forms are processed faster. Only complete or accurate applications can lead to delays or even refusals.
While it’s challenging to pinpoint an exact duration due to the factors mentioned above, a general timeline can be outlined:
Standard Applications: Typically, applications can take 3 to 12 weeks. It’s wise to allow a window of at least three months when planning.
Priority Services: For those opting for priority services, the processing can be expedited to a few weeks, although this comes with additional fees.
Super-Priority Services: Some applications can be fast-tracked even further with super-priority services, potentially receiving a decision within a few working days.
Skilled Worker Dependent Visa UK Application Process:
1. Gather Documents: Prepare all necessary documents, including passport, photographs, relationship evidence, financial records, and English language test results if required.
2. Online Application: Let KQ Solicitors help you file your PBS Dependent Visa Application online. Let us act as your immigration lawyer for very economical visa fees.
3. Biometric Appointment: Schedule and attend a biometric appointment at a designated application centre.
enter. Led Worker Processing Time: The UK Visas and Immigration will process the application, and the decision will be communicated to the applicant in the next 15 to fifteen working days. If the case is complex or some compulsory documentation is missing, then more than that.
Advantages of PBS Dependent Visa UK:
1. Family Reunification: The PBS Dependent Visa allows families to live together in the UK, promoting family unity.
2. Access to Healthcare and Education: Dependents can access the UK’s healthcare system and educational institutions.
3. Work Rights: Spouses and civil partners of Tier 2 visa holders are allowed to work in the UK without any restrictions. Tier 2 Dependent Visa Processing Time Standard Service will take 15 working days to process the application until the result. If the applicant or their dependent has booked priority service by paying £250 extra, they will decide in the next 5 five working days.
Common Refusal Reasons for PBS Dependent Application:
1. Insufficient Documentation: Failing to provide all required documents can lead to visa rejection. Ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.
2. Incorrect Information: Double-check all information entered in the application to avoid errors and delays.
3. Late Application: Apply within a reasonable time frame to avoid issues related to the primary visa holder’s status.
Are KQ Solicitors Providing Free Advice for Skilled Worker Dependent Visa UK?
Yes, our kqsolicitors professional team provides Free 15-minute legal advice for candidates who want to apply for a PBS-dependent visa outside the UK for their spouse or children. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +44 7429294455 and book your free appointment today.
UK Dependent Visa Requirements Application:
1. Title: PBS Dependent Visa UK Application
2. Personal Information: Name, contact details, and passport information.
3. Relationship Evidence: Provide marriage or civil partnership certificates, birth certificates for children, etc.
4. Financial Documents: To demonstrate sufficient funds, bank statements, payslips, or sponsorship letters.
5. English Language Proficiency: Include language test results if applicable.
6. Declaration: Sign and date the application form.
1. Can adult children apply for a PBS-dependent visa?
Typically, only children under 18 can apply. However, there are exceptions, especially if the child is currently in the UK and wishes to extend their stay.
2. Should I take an English language test for the PBS-dependent visa?
While it depends on your circumstances, some applicants might be required to prove their English language proficiency. However, only some are required to provide an English proficiency certificate. However, the principal applicant must provide their approved English test certificate equivalent to B1 English Standard.
3. How long can I stay in the UK with a PBS-dependent visa?
The duration usually aligns with the primary PBS visa holder. Extensions are possible in this visa category, but conditions apply.
4. What if my PBS dependent visa is refused? Can I appeal?
Yes, if your application is refused, you can seek administrative review or even appeal, depending on the nature of the refusal reason.
5. Is it True that KQ Solicitors is providing Free PBS Dependent Consultation?
Yes, KQ Solicitors provides free telephonic legal advice if you want to apply for a Pbs Dependant Visa application or extension. KQ Solicitors, by emailing them at email@example.com.
6. Can I work in the UK on a PBS Dependent Visa?
Spouses and civil partners of Tier 2 visa holders can work without restrictions.
7. Can I extend my PBS Dependent Visa?
Yes, you can apply to extend your visa if your family member’s visa is extended.
8. Is there an English language requirement for Points-Based System Dependent Visa applicants?
Depending on the primary visa category, but in most there is not an English language requirement that is required for pbs dependent visa or child dependent visa UK .
9. Can I switch to a different visa category from a Points-Based System Dependent Visa?
You can change to other visa categories if you meet the eligibility criteria which is mainly getting a certificate of sponsorship (mandatory) and an offer letter (optional) from a new employer.
The PBS Dependent Visa UK offers a pathway for family members to join their loved ones in the UK and enjoy various advantages such as work rights and access to healthcare and education. By carefully adhering to the application process and avoiding common mistakes, applicants can increase their chances of a successful visa application and a smooth transition to life in the UK. Main Kw Pbs dependent visa Description PBS Visa allows main applicants spouses, un-married partners or children to come and join them in The UK