The Tier 2 Spouse Visa UK is a visa that allows the spouse or partner of a British citizen or settled person in the UK to live and work in the country.This visa provides some important benefits and rights for the holder, allowing them to stay in the UK and use its services.
One of the major benefits of holding this visa in the UK is the ability to work in the country. This opens up various job opportunities, enabling you to earn a living, contribute to society, and potentially further your career.
Visas Granted Breakdown (Year ending June 2022):
- Visit: 45%
- Study: 24%
- Work: 16%
- Family: 2%
- Other: 14%
BN(O) Route Applications (Q2 2022):
- Out-of-country applications: 17,406
- In-country applications: 700
- Total BN(O) Route Applications (January 2021 to June 2022): 140,500
Note: N/A indicates that data for that particular year or category is unavailable.
Here are some key points to consider:
- This visa holder is eligible to work full-time or part-time in the UK without requiring a work permit.
- This means they have access to many job opportunities across multiple industries, including IT, healthcare, education, hospitality, and many more.
- Spouse visa holders can also be self-employed, start businesses, or work as freelancers, subject to certain conditions.
- In addition to these opportunities, visa holders are also eligible to switch employers without leaving the UK or applying for a new visa.
- However, it is important to note that some jobs may require specific qualifications or experience, so it is worth researching the relevant industry and job requirements before applying.
Another benefit of holding a Tier 2 Spouse Visa UK is the permission to pursue educational courses in the country. As a visa holder, you can take any course at any educational institution in the UK.
You can study at some of the world’s most renowned universities and institutions, like Oxford and Cambridge.
Here are some points that describe the benefits of study opportunities:
- The right to study at any university or educational institution in the UK
- Access to some of the world’s best universities and institutions
- Opportunities to pursue various fields of study and career paths
- Ability to gain a globally recognized degree or certification
- The opportunity to network with professionals and experts in various industries
Overall, the study opportunities provide endless possibilities for academic and career growth. You can pursue your passions, learn new skills, and build connections that benefit you personally and professionally.
One of the key advantages is the healthcare benefits it offers. You can receive healthcare services from the National Health Service (NHS) as a visa holder. Here are some key benefits of the healthcare facilities available:
Eligibility for National Health Service (NHS) services
With this type of visa, you can receive free medical treatment through the NHS. This includes general practitioner (GP) consultations, hospital treatment, and emergency care.
Access to quality healthcare facilities
The UK boasts of some of the world’s best healthcare facilities; you can access them as a visa holder.
You can avail of advanced treatments and state-of-the-art medical facilities without extra cost.
In addition, the UK government provides certain exemptions which may have pre-existing health conditions. These exemptions allow you to access the required treatments and medications without incurring extra costs.
This visa has several benefits, including the right to access quality healthcare services.
With healthcare being a priority in every individual’s life, this visa gives you peace of mind that you can avail of medical care when you need it the most.
One of the advantages is the ability to travel freely within the country and to other countries. Here are some of the travel benefits you can enjoy:
Multiple entries and exits from the UK
Unlike other visa categories, this visa allows multiple entries and exits from the UK. This means that you can leave and enter the country as often as needed during your visa’s validity period. This is especially useful for those who travel frequently for work or personal reasons.
Freedom to travel within the UK and to other countries
You will be free to travel within the UK and to other countries. You can explore different parts of the UK and experience its culture, history, and natural beauty.
You can also travel to other countries, explore new places, meet new people, and learn new things.
No need for additional visas
You do not need to apply for additional visas to travel within the UK or other countries. This saves you time, money, and hassle, as you do not have to go through the visa application process each time you travel.
Access to fast-track border control
You may be eligible for access to fast-track border control at certain UK airports. This means you can avoid long queues and get through immigration and customs more quickly, making your travel experience more convenient and enjoyable.
Overall, the travel benefits are significant and can make your stay in the UK more enjoyable and convenient.
Whether you want to explore the UK, travel to other countries, or visit family and friends, your visa gives you the freedom and flexibility to do so.
Right to Live and Reside in the UK
One of the most important benefits is the right to live and reside in the UK with the sponsoring partner. Here are some key points to consider:
Permission to live with the sponsoring partner in the UK
You are allowed to live in the UK with your sponsoring partner for the duration of the visa.
Duration of stay and extensions
The initial visa is usually granted for 2 years and 9 months. After this period, it can be extended for another 2 years and 6 months.
After 5 years of continuous residency, visa holders may be eligible to apply for settlement in the UK (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain).
It is important to note that the visa is only valid if the sponsoring partner is employed and has a valid Tier 2 (General) Visa.
The visa may be canceled if the sponsoring partner’s visa expires or is terminated.
Right to Work in the UK
One of the significant advantages is the right to work in the country without any restrictions. The UK government offers this right to visa holders to promote their living standards and improve their quality of life.
The visa UK holders can benefit from the following aspects regarding the right to work:
Entitlement to work without restrictions
You can work in any sector, profession, or company in the country, provided the job is skilled enough to meet the visa requirements.
The visa holders do not need specific permission to work, as the visa grants them the right to work in the UK.
Changing employers or job roles
Another advantage is the flexibility to change employers or job roles without applying for a new visa. The visa holders can switch to any job within the same sector or any other profession, provided the new job meets the visa’s criteria.
Additionally, they do not have to notify the Home Office about the change unless their job title or salary changes significantly.
The right to work in the UK opens up multiple employment opportunities for visa holders and ensures a secure and comfortable lifestyle. Moreover, this right is not just limited to visa holders but also extends to their dependents, allowing them to work in the country and support their families.
Right to Access Public Funds
You will have the right to access certain public funds in the UK. However, you should be aware of certain restrictions and eligibility criteria.
Restrictions on accessing certain public funds:
- You are not eligible for certain public funds such as income-related benefits, child tax credits, and housing benefits.
- If you apply for these benefits, your application may be refused, and you may even risk revoking your visa.
Eligibility for benefits and allowances:
- You are eligible for public funds, such as healthcare benefits, education, and tax credits.
- Suppose you have been living and working in the UK for some time. You may also be eligible for certain allowances, such as maternity and paternity pay.
- It’s important to check your eligibility for each benefit or allowance before applying.
It’s important to understand your rights and restrictions when accessing public funds. Research and check your eligibility before applying for any benefits or allowances.
Right to Education and Healthcare
One of the significant benefits is the right to access education and healthcare services. Here are the details:
Equal access to education and educational resources:
- The UK government provides equal opportunities to all children regardless of their nationality or visa status. Therefore, you will have the same rights to education as British citizens.
- They can enroll their children in public schools and won’t be charged extra fees.
- Additionally, you can study in UK universities and colleges, and they can apply for scholarships, bursaries, and student loans, just like British citizens.
Access to the NHS and healthcare services:
- The UK National Health Service (NHS) provides free healthcare to all UK residents, including Tier 2 Spouse Visa holders.
- They can access primary care services, such as doctors and dentists, and secondary care services, such as hospitals and specialist clinics, without paying any fees.
- Additionally, they can apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to receive healthcare when traveling in Europe.
Conclusion – Tier 2 Spouse Visa
Overall, it is an excellent opportunity for partners of skilled workers to live and work in the UK.
This visa category not only offers work and study opportunities but also provides access to healthcare benefits, travel benefits, and the right to live and reside in the UK.
Additionally, holders of you can access public funds and enjoy education and healthcare benefits.
Suppose you’re planning to apply for a visa UK. In that case, we recommend seeking the help of a professional immigration law firm such as KQ Solicitors.
Our team of experts has extensive experience in assisting clients with their visa applications and can ensure that you meet all the requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, and we wish you the best of luck with your visa application. Suppose you found this article informative and helpful. In that case, we encourage you to share it with your friends and family who may benefit from it.
Q: Can these visa holders switch jobs in the UK?
A: They can switch jobs, but they must inform the UK Home Office and their new employer. The new employer must hold a sponsor license to hire Tier 2, visa holders.
Q: Is the visa only for married couples?
A: No, it is not limited to married couples only. It is also available for unmarried, same-sex, and civil partners.
Q: Can a visa holder bring dependents to the UK?
A: You can bring their dependent children under 18 and dependent relatives to the UK. However, additional visa applications and fees may apply.
Q: How long does processing a Tier 2 Visa application take?
A: It typically takes around 3 weeks to process the application.
Q: Can Spouse Visa holders apply for permanent residency in the UK?
A: Yes, Spouse Visa holders can apply for permanent residency in the UK after completing five years on the visa. However, they must meet the eligibility criteria, including continuous residence and meeting the English language requirement.
Q: Can a visa holders buy property in the UK?
Yes, you can buy property in the UK. However, it is important to note that they must comply with the rules and regulations set by the UK government on foreign property ownership. They must also prove that they have the funds to purchase the property.
Q: Which care agencies sponsor tier 2 visas?
Many care agencies in the UK sponsor tier 2 visas. However, it is important to note that these sponsorships are limited and may vary depending on the company.
It is best to check with the specific care agency for information on their sponsorship programs.
It is also important to note that the tier 2 visa sponsorship requirements for care agencies may differ from those of other industries.