Navigating through the legalities and paperwork of obtaining a visa can be daunting. In ensuring that your loved ones can join you during your employment period in the UK, understanding the intricacies of the Tier 2 Dependent Visa becomes crucial. This comprehensive guide is use to assist you in unravelling the complexities of the dependent visa process, ensuring you are well-ready to navigate through each requisite step proficiently.
Tier 2 Dependent Visa Eligibility Criteria
Ensuring eligibility is the first step towards securing your family’s Tier 2 Dependent Visa. The UK government allows dependents of a Tier 2 Visa holder to live, work, and study in the UK. However, deciphering the eligibility criteria can often be complex and imperative to seamlessly initiate the visa procurement journey.
- Relationship Verification: Proving a genuine relationship with the Tier 2 Visa holder, whether as a spouse, partner, or child, is paramount.
- Financial Stability: Demonstrating adequate financial means to support dependents without relying on public funds.
- Visa Validity: Ensuring the primary Tier 2 holder maintains valid status throughout the dependent’s stay.
- Proof of Accommodation: Provide evidence of suitable accommodation in the UK by submitting proofs of address documents and tenancy agreements to ensure accommodation stays open if tier 2 gets the visa.
Understanding and meticulously complying with the eligibility above prerequisites is pivotal in ensuring that the subsequent steps in the visa application process transpire smoothly.
Dependent Visa UK Tier 2 Cost
Securing a Tier 2 Visa invariably involves associated costs, which are pivotal to comprehend and prepare for to avoid any financial perplexities during the application process.
- Visa Application Fee: The core expense entailing the application form submission, this fee starts from £719-£1500 depending on the applicant’s circumstances and visa category.
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS): A requisite fee ensuring the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) access. For instance, if you are applying from Pakistan for a three-year skilled worker visa, you have to pay £624 per year for each applicant, which will total £1872.
- Biometric Information Fee: Associated cost for capturing biometric data during the visa application. Search nearby UKVI-approved centres around you.
- KQ Solicitors Legal Assistance: Opting for a legal expert or consultancy can induce additional costs of £650, and we will apply for your visa on your behalf; please email us at info@kqsolicitors or book a free tier 2 visa telephonic appointment.
UK Tier 2 Dependent Visa Requirements
The UK Tier 2 Dependent Visa unfolds a pathway for the families of those residing in the UK under a Tier 2 General Work Visa. Whether spouses, partners, or children, dependents can traverse their journey towards living in the UK, provided the principal Tier 2 Visa holder maintains their status throughout.
Essential Documentation: Foundation of the Application
Collating the necessary documentation is the cornerstone of a Tier 2 Dependent Visa application.
- Relationship Proof: Establishing a bona fide relationship with the Tier 2 Visa holder through marriage certificates, birth certificates, or analogous legal documents.
- Maintenance Funds: Demonstrating sufficient funds or assurance from the Tier 2 sponsor to affirm that the dependent can be adequately supported without turning to public funds. Applicant needs to show £1270 in their bank account to show that they are eligible for supporting dependent.
- TB Test Results: Some nationals may be required to provide a Tuberculosis test result from a clinic approved by the Home Office.
- English Language Requirement: Although not applicable to all, some dependents may need to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Police Certificate: Please check your main applicant visa category. In some, the applicant and their dependents older than 18 must provide their police clearance certificate.
Dependent Visa UK Tier 2 Processing Time (outside UK)
The processing times for UK Tier 2 Dependent Visa applications, whether using standard or priority services, can vary depending on several factors. Please note that these processing times are subject to change, and I recommend checking the official UK government website.
1. Standard Processing Time:
- The standard processing time for Tier 2 Dependent Visa applications typically ranges from several weeks to a few months. The exact processing time can vary based on the applicant’s country of residence, application volume, and the case’s complexity.
- On average, it may take around 15 working days for a Tier 2 Dependent Visa application to be processed through standard.
2. Priority Processing Time:
- Priority processing is an expedited service for an additional fee of £250-£350 if you apply outside the UK. The specific costs and availability of priority processing may change, so it’s essential to check the current rates on the UK government website.
- On average, Tier 2 Dependent Visa applications processed through the priority service may be decided within 5 to 10 business days. Again, this timeline can vary based on factors such as the volume of applications.
Embarking on the Tier 2 Dependent Visa journey requires a meticulous comprehension of the requirements, from essential documentation to financial prerequisites and the critical healthcare surcharge. Preparing thoroughly, adhering to the latest government guidelines, and seeking professional guidance can enhance the application’s robustness.
What is a Tier 2 Dependent Visa?
A Tier 2 Dependent Visa allows the family members of individuals who hold a Tier 2 (General) Visa to join them in the United Kingdom. The Tier 2 (General) Visa is a work visa typically granted to skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who have a job offer in the UK.
When Tier 2 Visa dependent holders apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?
After residing in the UK for a certain number of years legally and lawfully, which is between of 3-5 years depends of main applicants visa category, a Tier 2 Dependent Visa holders may become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, which is a form of permanent residence in the UK.