The 10 Year Long Residence in the UK pathway to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) offers an indication of hope for numerous individuals. This method revolves around duration-based status and is based on the complex immigration procedure in the UK. But what exactly does it require? And for this, we suggest hiring skilled and knowledgeable solicitors. Send an email to us at email@example.com for free ILR consultation advice.
Steps of 10 Year ILR Application Process
The process of applying for ILR through the 10 Years Long Residence route is straightforward but requires attention to detail:
1. Form Completion: Applicants must complete the online application form specifically designed for this route of 10-year-long residence.
2. Document Compilation: Collect and align all relevant documents, including your application process, like passports, travel documents, expired visas, and biometric residence permits.
3. Pay Fees: As of my last update, this application had a substantial fee, subject to change. It’s crucial to check the most recent charges before applying for 10 10-Year Long Residence Visa.
4. Biometric Information: Applicants may be required to provide biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) for the application at HO-approved centers.
Indefinite Leave to Remain Long Residence Fee
As of my last update, a substantial fee was associated with the 10-year long residence ILR application. Fees are subject to change, so always refer to the official UK Visas and
Immigration (UKVI) website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
To qualify for ILR through the 10 Years Long Residence route, there are specific criteria an applicant must meet:
1. Continuous Residence: The applicant must have lived in the UK lawfully for a continuous 10-year period.
2. Absences from the UK: Over the 10-year period, absences from the UK should be at most 18 months in total. Additionally, every absence should be at most six months.
3. Immigration Status: The residence must be lawful. This means the individual must always have had the appropriate visa or leave to remain during their time in the UK.
4. Good Character: Like other ILR routes, the applicant must not have any criminal convictions or have broken immigration rules.
10 Year Long Residence Documents Required
For a smooth process, here are list of documents you must have:
Passports and Travel Documents: Provide all passports, current and expired, that cover 10 years of your stay in the UK.
Previous Visas: Previous permission to stay in the UK on any visa type provides all biometric permits (BRPs) issued to you on different visa routes.
Evidence of Continuous Stay: Provide regular basis documentation that demonstrates your stay of 10 years legally and fully, like bills, statements, tenancy agreements, and more.
Absence Records: Information on time spent abroad.
Processing Time for 10-Year ILR:
- 6 months if an applicant has selected the standard service option
- 5 Working days if the applicant selects Priority Service, paying £500 extra.
- 1 Working day if the applicant selects Super Priority Service, paying £800 extra.
Long Residence 10 Years UKBA Changes:
The UK Border Agency (UKBA), now known as UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), occasionally updates its rules and guidelines. One significant change post-November 2016 was the treatment of gaps in lawful residence. While previously, a gap of up to 28 days between visas might have been overlooked, any gaps could disrupt the continuous residence requirement.
The 10 Years Long Residence route provides an invaluable pathway to ILR for those who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to the UK.
Embarking on the 10-Year Long Residence in the UK journey is a monumental step. It might appear complex, but with dedication, research, and possibly expert advice, it’s a navigable path. Achieving ILR isn’t just a legal milestone but a testament to a decade of memories in the UK.
Is a six-month absence during the 10 years allowed?
Yes, but it should be at most six months for lack. If it’s over 6 months, you must provide travel reasons, with a list of your in-out dates from the UK.
Which form to use for 10 years long residence?
You should use the online application form for the 10-Year Long Residence route to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. Always ensure you have the most recent version of the form and consult the official UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website or guidance notes accompanying the form for detailed instructions and requirements.
What is 10 Year ILR?
The 10-year ILR is a route to Indefinite Leave to Remain based on a decade of lawful and continuous residence in the UK. Unlike other ILR categories anchored on employment or relationships, this pathway focuses on the duration of one’s stay.
What are the Benefits of ILR:
Flexibility: Tailored for those feeling out of place in other ILR routes.
Acknowledging Deep Ties: Celebrates the bonds long-term residents form with the UK.
Gateway to Citizenship: With ILR, British citizenship becomes an achievable dream.