Are you looking for information about the FLR FP application process in the UK? Applying for an FLR FP can seem daunting, and it is important to ensure you have all the necessary information and documents before starting your application.
This blog post aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the FLR FP application form, so you can make the most informed decision about your application. We’ll cover everything from eligibility criteria to the necessary documents and timelines so that you understand the application process better.
What is an FLR FP?
This visa allows individuals to extend their stay in the UK on human rights grounds, provided they do not qualify for any other visa category. FLR FP stands for Further Leave to Remain – Family and Private Life.
This visa is typically intended for those who have developed a private or family life in the UK but cannot apply for another type of visa. To qualify for this visa, an applicant must meet strict criteria, such as proving that they have a family or private life in the UK that is being affected by them leaving the country.
The visa is granted for a limited period, and successful applicants will be allowed to remain in the UK for a specified period, typically two and a half years. After that time, the applicant can apply for further leave to remain under this or another appropriate visa category.
It’s essential to note that a visa does not provide a path to citizenship in the UK. Individuals must apply for British citizenship through naturalization, which requires a separate application process.
In summary, a visa is a valuable option for individuals who do not qualify for other visa categories but can demonstrate that their private or family life in the UK would be adversely affected if they were to leave. This visa is also a way for applicants to legally extend their stay in the UK on human rights grounds.
Who can apply for an FLR FP visa?
People who have been living in the UK for at least 6 months without permission can apply for a special visa that will help them stay in the UK legally. People can get a special visa if they are in danger or need special medical help that they can’t get at home.
Application Decision Times
You can’t get this visa if you can get another type of visa or if you have been refusing a visa in the last year. Suppose you are unsure whether you meet the eligibility requirements for an FLR FP visa. You should talk to a lawyer who knows a lot about immigration so they can help you with your situation.
When applying for an FLR FP visa, it is crucial to ensure that all required documents are provided. Failure to provide the necessary documentation may result in your application being refused.
Below are some of the documents required when applying for an FLR FP visa:
- Current passport: You must provide your passport or other valid travel documents.
- Proof of address: You must provide proof of your current address, such as a utility bill or tenancy agreement.
- Proof of financial support: You must provide evidence that you can support yourself and any dependents during your stay in the UK. This could be in bank statements, payslips, or a letter from your sponsor.
- Proof of your relationship with your sponsor: If you are applying as the partner or dependent of a person with limited leave to remain in the UK, you must provide evidence of your relationship with them, such as a marriage or birth certificate.
- Tuberculosis test results: If you apply from certain countries, you must provide a certificate proving that you have tested negative for tuberculosis.
- Immigration health surcharge: You must pay the immigration health surcharge as part of your application, which entitles you to use the National Health Service (NHS) during your stay in the UK.
How to complete the FLR FP form?
The FLR FP online application form can be completed online through the UK government’s official website. The following steps will guide you through the process of completing the form:
- Create an account on the UK government website and log in.
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button under the FLR FP visa category.
- Fill in your details, including name, date of birth, and nationality.
- Answer questions about your current immigration status in the UK, employment, and financial status.
- Provide information about your family members in the UK, including their immigration status.
- Indicate whether you have any dependents who will be applying with you.
- Upload all the required documents, including proof of identity, proof of residence, and evidence of financial support.
- Review your application to ensure all the information provided is accurate.
- Pay the application fee, which varies depending on the length of stay.
- Submit your application and wait for a decision from the Home Office.
If you don’t fill out the application correctly, you might not get accepted or it might take longer. You need help from a lawyer to make sure your form is filled out right and you have all the papers you need.
At KQ Solicitors, we have experience immigration solicitors who can guide you through the entire application process, from filling out the form to submitting it. Our team can help make sure your application is perfect. Call us now to get help.
What happens after submitting an FLR FP form?
You can apply for a special visa, and then the Home Office will look at your application to decide if you can get it. If something is wrong with your application, like it is missing something, let an adult know. In that case, the Home Office may request further evidence or clarification.
After you get to the UK, you can get a special card in 10 days if your application is accepted. Your BRP is a special card that has your name, age, and what you are allowed to do in the UK.
If your application isn’t accepted, you’ll get a letter telling you why. In case you think the decision was wrong or if you have new information, you can try to change it.
Make sure your visa never runs out before you get an answer about your application, otherwise, you might have to leave the UK.
Overall, the FLR FP application online can be lengthy and complex. Make sure you fill out your application carefully so it doesn’t take longer or get turned down.
The next section will discuss the processing times for an FLR FP visa and what to expect.
Typically, you can expect to receive a decision within 8 weeks of submitting your application. However, it’s essential to note that processing times may be longer during busy periods, such as holidays or political instability.
In some cases, you may be able to request an expedited processing service. This service is unavailable for all applications and is subject to additional fees. You must also have a valid reason for the expedited service, such as a binding job offer or a medical emergency.
Suppose you have not received a decision within the standard processing time. In that case, you can contact the UKVI to request an update on your application. They may ask for additional information or documents before making a final decision.
Wait and don’t plan any trips until you get an answer. Be patient! Remember that delays can happen, but contacting the UKVI can help ensure your application is still being processed.
You will receive a new visa with updated information if your application is approved. If your application is denied, you may have the opportunity to appeal the decision or apply for another type of visa.
Understanding the processing times for an FLR FO can help you plan accordingly and minimize any potential delays or complications.
Appealing a rejected Application
If your FLR FP application form is rejected, don’t panic. You may be able to appeal the decision, depending on the circumstances of your case.
The first step is to find out why your application was rejected. You should receive a letter outlining the reasons for the rejection and information on your right to appeal. It’s important to read this letter carefully, as it will contain important information on what you need to do next.
There are several grounds on which you can appeal a rejected application, including:
- Errors in the decision-making process
- Inadequate consideration of your case
- Failure to comply with the Immigration Rules or relevant guidance
To appeal a rejected FLR FP form, you must complete and submit an appeal form and any additional documents or evidence to support your case. The deadline for submitting an appeal is usually within 14 days of receiving your rejection letter.
Remember, the appeal process can vary depending on individual circumstances, so it’s essential to seek personalized advice from a qualified immigration solicitor who can guide you through the specific requirements of your case. With their expertise and support, you can confidently navigate the appeals process and increase your chances of a positive outcome.
Once your appeal has been received, it will be reviewed by an independent tribunal, which will consider the evidence presented and decide. You may be asked to attend a hearing, where you can present your case in person. At KQ Solicitors, we understand the importance of securing your immigration status and providing for your loved ones. Our expert immigration solicitors can guide you through every step, from determining your eligibility to submitting a successful application.
If your appeal is successful, you will be granted a new visa. If it is unsuccessful, you may still have other options, such as applying for a different visa category or seeking legal advice on your situation.
Overall, appealing a rejected FLR FP online can be complex and challenging, so seeking professional guidance is important to increase your chances of success.
If you’re looking for expert immigration advice and assistance, contact KQ Solicitors. Our team of experienced immigration lawyers can guide you through every step of the process and help you achieve a positive outcome.
Appealing a rejected form FLR FP can be complex and challenging, but with the right guidance and support, you can maximize your chances of success. Suppose your application has been refused. In that case, it’s important to act swiftly and consider filing an appeal to reconsider the decision. Here are some key steps to keep in mind when appealing a rejected application:
- Understand the grounds for refusal: Carefully review the reasons for your application’s refusal. This will help you identify the specific areas to address in your appeal.
- Seek legal advice: Consulting with an experienced immigration solicitor is crucial at this stage. They can assess your case, provide expert advice on the merits of your appeal, and guide you through the entire process.
- Prepare your appeal bundle: Gather all relevant supporting documents, such as evidence of your relationship, financial circumstances, and any other information that can strengthen your case. Present a comprehensive and compelling appeal bundle to demonstrate that the initial decision was incorrect.
- Meet the appeal deadline: Strict deadlines apply when filing an appeal, so ensure you submit your appeal within the specified timeframe. Missing the deadline may result in your appeal not being considered.
- Attend the appeal hearing: If your appeal is accepted, you must attend an appeal hearing. Be well-prepared by thoroughly reviewing your case with your solicitor and practicing your presentation to effectively present your arguments before the judge.
Stay tuned for the next section, “Conclusion,” where we summarise all the information covered in this blog post.
Applying for an FLR FP visa can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. You can navigate the application process smoothly and successfully with the right guidance and support. We hope this guide has helped clarify the requirements and steps in applying for an FLR FP visa in the UK.
Are you needing assistance with your application in the UK? Look no further than KQ Solicitors, your trusted partner in navigating the complex immigration process. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable solicitors is dedicated to helping individuals like you successfully apply for FLR FP status. Our track record of success speaks for itself, and we take pride in providing exceptional legal services tailored to your unique circumstances.
By sharing this article and recommending KQ Solicitors to others, you can help them access the same high-quality support and expertise you benefit from. Don’t keep this valuable resource to yourself – spread the word and ensure others receive the professional assistance they deserve. Trust KQ Solicitors to guide you through your application and make your immigration journey smooth and successful.
If you have any questions or worries about your application or anything to do with moving to a new country, you can ask us and we will help you. We are here to assist you and address any concerns you may have. We are committed to providing our clients with compassionate, professional, and personalized legal representation.
Thank you for taking the time to read our guide, and we wish you the best of luck in your immigration journey.
Why Choose KQ Solicitors?
Choosing the right legal representative to assist you with your application can make all the difference in the success of your application. That’s why we recommend KQ Solicitors for your immigration needs. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose KQ Solicitors:
- Expertise: KQ Solicitors have extensive experience in UK immigration law and have helped numerous clients successfully obtain FLR FP.
- Personalized service: The team at KQ Solicitors understands that every client’s situation is unique, so they take the time to understand your circumstances and tailor their services to your specific needs.
- Proactive approach: KQ Solicitors are committed to providing a proactive approach to your FLR FP. They will inform you every step of the way and ensure all required documentation is in place before submitting your application.
- Competitive pricing: KQ Solicitors offer competitive pricing for their services and believe everyone should have access to affordable legal representation.
- Multilingual: The team at KQ Solicitors speaks multiple languages, making it easier for non-English speaking clients to communicate effectively and understand the process.
- Excellent customer service: KQ Solicitors take pride in delivering excellent customer service. Their friendly and approachable team is always available to answer your questions and offer support throughout the process.
1. How long does an FLR FP application take?
The processing time for an application can vary depending on the circumstances of your application. The Home Office states that most applications are processed within six months, but planning for longer processing times is always best.
2. What is an FLR FP application?
An FLR FP application is a visa application in the UK used for those who have already been granted leave but whose circumstances have changed and require a further period of leave to remain. This type of visa is commonly used by individuals seeking asylum or humanitarian protection.
3. Can an FLR FP application be applied from within the UK?
Yes, you can apply for an application from within the UK if you have valid leave to remain and meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Can an FLR FP application be applied on a premium basis?
Unfortunately, no premium service is available for applications. The processing time for these applications is typically six months, regardless of whether you pay a premium fee.
Suppose you have any further questions about the application process. In that case, it is always best to consult an experienced immigration lawyer.